After receiving lip fillers, you want to do right by your new enhancement and ensure their longevity as well as your safety.
Questions such as, “Can I exercise after lip fillers,” are important to ask. Here are some tips for proper lip filler care!
What Are the Dos and Don’ts of Lip Fillers?
Your injector should provide information on what you can and can’t do after receiving lip fillers. Here are some general reminders of what you should be doing post-treatment, though you should be sure to follow your provider’s advice:
- Ice your lips after treatment to minimize bruising and swelling.
- Follow a consistent skincare routine.
- Keep the injection site clean.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle with hydration and healthy diet.
- Take injector-approved pain relievers if necessary.
Avoid things such as:
- Applying makeup to the lip area
- Drinking with straws
- NSAIDs or blood thinners before or after your appointment
- Smoking and drinking alcohol
- Touching or massaging your lips
Can I Exercise After Lip Fillers? Will That Harm My Results?
Exercise and fillers have a complex relationship. Right after your appointment, it’s crucial that you avoid strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours. This activity increases blood flow and body temperature, worsening bruising, swelling, and discomfort. The added sweat can even increase your risk for infection!
If you’re big into exercise, your fillers may metabolize faster than those with a more sedentary lifestyle. This shouldn’t deter you from an active life or lip fillers though. Dermal fillers dissolve as your body metabolizes them, so patients with an increased metabolism may notice their fillers disappearing sooner.
For Accurate Information on Lip Fillers and More, Call Dontage!
For answers to your question, “Can I exercise after lip fillers,” and more, Dontage has got you covered! Our professional team is not only able to answer your burning questions, but provide stunning lip filler results as well!
Book an appointment today by calling us at 703-436-1157.